Due to ADA and CDC guidelines, anyone who enters a dental office must wear a mask.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to update its guidance for those fully vaccinated against COVID-19, although most recommended precautions, such as the use of personal protective equipment, remain the same for health care settings, including dental offices. Everyday we put patient and employee well-being first, providing a clean, safe treatment environment for all. We know the COVID-19 is a concern for everyone. Our commitment is to deliver the same quality care in these circumstances while helping prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have always maintained strict OSHA disinfection policies along with hospital-grade disinfectants with extensive cleaning after each patient to ensure a safe and clean environment. We may look a little different, but under the masks we are still the team of professionals you have come to love and we will continue to provide our patients with the compassionate care that we all uphold as a standard. We ask that you trust in us and know that we all work together to care for you and your family.
The Check-in Process
Please be understanding with our check-in policies as they are in place for your safety and the safety of our community:
While Onslow County is considered LOW for transmissions of COVID, masks will be RECOMMENDED but not required for anyone visiting our office.
You may wait in our lobby or in your car. Hand sanitizer will be located throughout the office and we encourage it's use. Only the patient will be allowed into the treatment room unless the patient is a minor and then only 1 guardian/parent may accompany them.
What precautions are we taking to prevent the spread of infection?
In addition to the infection prevention protocols we already had in place, Lesan Family Dentistry has taken even more precautions to stop the spread of COVID-19.
1. Sanitizing and Sterilization - All dental instruments are sterilized after every patient. CDC protocols are strictly adhered to in assuring proper sterilization of dental instruments. Our treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected after each patient and our entire office is cleaned nightly by a professional cleaner.
2. Protective Barriers -
- Lights and keyboards are covered with barrier tape.
- All patients wear UV protectant sunglasses with side shields during procedures.
- Our staff wears PPE (personal protective equipment) that you may not be used to including hair covering, longer jackets, face shields and shoe covers.
- Patients may be asked to swish with a pre-rinse depending upon the dental procedure.
3. Surgically Clean Air Purifiers - Dispersed throughout our operatories, you will find Surgically Clean Air Purifiers. Surgically Clean Air is a premium indoor air purification industry which not only filters pollutants, but destroys them. These purifiers are designed to use short-wave ultraviolet light (UV-C light) to inactivate airborne pathogens and microorganisms. As air is forced through the device, it passes UV lamps, which directly attempt to disinfect the air by means of germicidal irradiation. Surgically Clean Air features a six-stage filtration and sterilization process to remove odors, gases, mold, allergens, viruses and other particles from the air.
Should I reschedule my upcoming dental appointment?
If you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (China, Italy, Iran, or South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution, wait 14 days until you come to our office to make sure you have not caught the coronavirus.
If you have ANY symptoms of COVID-19 or the flu, please reschedule your appointment.
If you are healthy, there's no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
Please be assured that we are following local and national guidelines and will continue to maintain the highest level of safety and patient care that you have come to expect.
"I was a little apprehensive about a dental appointment during COVID. My concerns were put to rest as I entered the facility. With the prescreening it took approximately 30 minutes before I was able to enter the facility. It was worth it. The facility was immaculate, very clean. They had see through barriers near the reception area separating it from customers. I felt protected. In addition, the air was extremely clean as he had an air purifier on you could definitely notice the clean air." - Ruby
"Great visit, caring staff, their concern, and how to handle and protect their patients from COVID 19 is amazing . Michelle you are awesome!! To all of you, THANK YOU!!!" - Sandy